Wednesday, June 25, 2008

My first day in Canada

My first day in Canada is a very memorable one. I came to Canada on January 9th, 2007; this is a rather special day of my life, which I will never forget. Coming out of the airport, I saw lots of snow all around me and at the same time I felt very cold. In spite of wearing a heavy winter coat, I still felt the chills. I was born in a tropical country and had never been to any other northern countries prior to my arrival in Canada. Therefore, the concept of temperatures below zero was foreign to me. I felt so cold that I was becoming weak and feeble. Plus, I was having breathing problems due to Calgary’s elevation being so high. I was very afraid of the cold, so I entered the car very quickly. Being in a heated car I felt much better. Although the weather was cold, the view was very beautiful. On the way from the airport, I was very delighted to see the natural beauty of Calgary. I saw that the snow had covered everything such as, roads, hills, trees, roofs of houses, etc. I was very happy to witness this unique scenic beauty. Finally at the end of my scenic tour, we had reached our beloved home with all my family members.

1 comment:

Scott Douglas said...

I think the winter here is always really shocking for people when they first experience it. I've heard of people getting on the next flight out of Calgary when the come and visit in winter because they are so cold!