Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My Favourite Hobby: Gardening

My hobbies are gardening, reading novel, cooking, doing music and playing badminton. I spend my leisure times doing these activities, but gardening is my most favourite one. I had a garden in Bangladesh. There were two sections in my garden. One was for flowers and the other was for vegetables. I had planted a variety of flowers as such rose, sunflower and jasmine; also, I had planted lots of vegetables. Cucumber, bean, gourd, tomato, radish, egg plant, carrot, arum, ladies finger were all grown in my garden. Every morning and afternoon, I worked in my garden. Now here in Canada, I miss my garden because the soil is frozen most of the year. I tried to do some gardening here, but I was not successful. Last summer, I had planted some vegetable and flower seeds here. Unfortunately, nothing grew in my Canadian garden. Only one rose bud came out and it died in a few days. That was very painful for me since I had put in a great deal of efforts in trying to grow that rose plant. That is why I did not plant anything this year. Currently, I have an apple tree and some western flowers in my garden at home.

1 comment:

Trevor MacDonald said...

Don't give up so soon! My wife is from Japan and she also loves gardening. The seasons here are different and it takes some adjusting. My wife's garden has improved this year, so you can be successful if you keep trying.